Network Engineering, Design, News, Reviews and the occasional opinion
StubArea51.NET is the official technical and network engineering blog of IP ArchiTechs Managed Services – www.iparchitechs.com.
StubArea51 derives its name from a mix of two different elements:
- Area 51 (or more properly Area 0.0.0.51) – Area 51 is the name given to the development lab at the IP ArchiTechs office in Flowood, Mississippi
- A Stub Area in OSPF is one that does not allow external routes (Type 5 LSAs)
- We thought the two put together made for a decent network geek blog title 🙂
StubArea51.NET will focus heavily on MikroTik and RouterOS as much of our day to day consulting involves MikroTik design and integration. We do however deal with a number of other vendors and will have a variety of posts centered around networking and related technologies.
Stay tuned for a wide range of topics including:
- Full Global BGP Table in a MikroTik VM using GNS3
- Using MikroTik in the Enterprise
- IPv6 transition using load balancers
- CCR 1072 performance review series
- Using MikroTik as a Traffic Shaper/Policer for L3 switches
- Whitebox networking
- SD WAN
- BGP in the Data Center and Enterprise.
- And more!